|is a division of Culinary Affair, offering creative, professional consulting with over 20 years of experience and expertise in Food Science, Culinary Arts, Product Development and Process Technology.
We specialize in:
- R&D: Product Development (New Concepts, Ideas Generation, Mock-ups, Prototypes)
- Technical Applications
- Test Kitchen Management and Operations
- Recipes Development and Documentation
- Recipes Duplicability and Validation
- Menu Design (for Restaurants, Deli, Corporate Kitchens, Institutional Kitchens,
- Package Instruction Validation
- Package Compatibility Studies
- Product Commercialization
- Technical Writing - Production Instructions
- Specifications and Recipes Manuals
- Consumer Research Focus Groups (test & product preparation, technical reports compilation, results evaluation, technical reports proof reading, etc.)
Clients in both the private and corporate sector include:
Kraft Foods, Inc, NY
Do-It-Best Corporation (HQ in Indiana)
Boscobel Museum, Harrison, NY
Goldberg Financial Services, NY
Joan Wegman, Wegmans Supermarkets, NJ and NY
Michael Pelech, CBS Evening News, NYC
Hotel Thayer, West Point, NY
Kings Supermarkets, Inc. in NJ
Consumer Research Network, Inc., NJ
Morano's Italian Gourmet Market, Ramsey, NJ
Italian Riviera Gourmet Store, Waldwick, NJ
Bergen Community College, Paramus, NJ
and numerous private clients
Blažena Federer is an experienced and innovative food scientist with a broad spectrum of international and technical business skills.
She is an imaginative culinary technologist, holds Masters Degrees in Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, is Culinary Arts Graduate, Food Scientist (Rutgers University) and a Research Chef.
Blažena’s culinary background includes training at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY, extensive international cooking experience in Europe and the US, operation of her own gourmet enterprise “Pamper Your Palate” and years of running her current 'Culinary Affair' enterprise and teaching.
She served as Senior Research Scientist in Product Development and Technical Applications at Kraft Foods as well as the Senior Product Developer and Culinary Development Manager for Kings Supermarkets.
Blažena has given guest lecture on Culinary Arts at Rutgers University, taught Culinary Arts Cooking Program at Bergen Community College as an Adjunct Professor and is a member of Institute of Food Technologists and the Research Chef Association.